Finally… But I was out having fun…

So I weighed this morning. 175.4. Another loss! I did get more exercise this week. Lets see if I can remember… thursday I worked extra late. Friday I woke up and did the ballet sculpt and stretch (used to be the barre). I went to work, and then had an “interesting” eve, dating is hard.

Anyways… Saturday morning I was off bright and early to try Paddle board Yoga. It could have been potentially disastrous seeing I had never been on a paddle board before. It was a little on the expensive side, $50 but an hour and a half class on the lake in the morning was pretty spectacular! I LOVED it. Really felt it in the core, and it was nice to be outside in the sun. After a shake I changed and went out on the boat with my Landlord and some of his friends, was a beautiful afternoon on the boat. Some nachos at the pub and a couple beer, was turning out to be an amazing summer day. I had lined up a date from POF for that evening, and was meeting this guy in Oliver, 30 min or so south. Well, long story short, he looked MUCH older than he had disclosed on his profile (like 20 years older!) And was… a troll of a man. It may have been the longest 35 minutes of my entire life. Luckily I had an escape plan and I went back to penticton to have a drink with one of my girl friends. Did I mention how much Dating sucks?

Sunday I wanted to sleep in and feel sorry for myself. I went on one first date after 10 years, and it was AMAZING. the two since he disappeared were so terrible…Would I ever have another good date?? I had a kayaking date with one of my girls in Kelowna, so I peeled myself out of bed and made my way up there. We had a great visit, an hour kayaking followed by matcha tea coconut latte and tiramisu! I was going to visit with my parents then catch up on true blood with my ex. But I had a couple hours in the afternoon. I was going to use that time to blog, but instead I organized a last min date with a guy in Kelowna. He was tall, attractive, conversational and interesting. A SUPER alpha male type, played junior hockey, volunteer firefighter, hunts, and was a real mans man! We had a chat for a couple hours, but there wasn’t any fireworks. It was just fine. It renewed my hope in first dates. I had dinner at my parents and we went over to survey the garden spaces mom has been tending, we were caught in an absolute DOWNPOUR! I went from there to the ex’s where he baked cookies (I made the batter and put it in his freezer) and we caught up on True Blood. Was a spectacular weekend!

Monday I did’t want to go to work, and I just couldn’t shake this anxious feeling. Almost on the verge of a panic attack, I can’t explain why, I just had a great weekend, and I had NO reason. But… that’s how I felt! After work I went for a walk. I was SO SLOWWWWW. I haven’t kept up my regiment. And then went to chill and hang with a friend who has A/C.

Today was a dermatologist appointment. I waited 5 months for an appointment that lasted 15 min. He told me the bump on my face was a mole, and he burned off a mole on my arm. May have been less than 15 min. But good to keep on top of those things. Cherise and Mia came down for a visit, was a great evening, and now after blogging I’m off to bed, I need to get up extra early for a walk, I’m not OK with being so slow!

2 thoughts on “Finally… But I was out having fun…

  1. Banks says:

    Holley… read this blog, it is hilarious! It brings a positive light to dating!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: